Nursery Deputy Manager,
Victoria Park Nursery
Can you tell a story or two, sing ‘til your heart’s content, make a castle from a cardboard box or be a warm pair of arms to cuddle? If so, you’ll be a perfect addition to our family!
We are currently recruiting for a Nursery Deputy Manager in the area of Burnley
£13.75 per hour! plus a host of exciting benefits!
What we can offer for you:
- A highly competitive annual earnings potential
- A comprehensive pension scheme with employer contributions
- Yearly pay reviews
- Genuine opportunities for career progression with access to professional training with opportunities to gain further accredited qualifications
- Significant on-site Childcare staff discount scheme
- Enhanced Maternity / paternity
- Monthly prizes to be won with our Super Star draw!
- Flexible approach to working hours, supporting nurseries within a pre-arranged radius
- Refer a Friend Scheme – cash for referring a friend
- Have your Birthday off on us scheme!
- Acceptable Attendance bonus scheme!
- Just an Idea – Staff ideas recognition and reward scheme!
- Professional Health & Wellbeing program supported through a 24/7 digitally accessible platform
- External EAP helpline with professional counsellors and professional one-2-one counselling when required – support for your Health & Wellbeing 24 hours a day
- Happy & Friendly ‘Home from Home’ Atmosphere
- If you’re educated to Level 2 or 3 or above in Early Years
- Knowledge of EYFS
- Experience of working with children
- Strong communication skills
- & can tell a story or two, sing ‘til your heart’s content, make a castle from a cardboard box or be a warm pair of arms to cuddle, you’ll be a perfect addition to our family!
- To assist manager in effectively managing the day to day running of the nursery following all policies and procedures
- To help manager recruit and employ suitable and experienced staff, with the appropriate skills and qualifications.
- To supervise and support all staff to ensure they fulfil their job role and adhere to policies and procedures
- To act as a good example, to be supportive and consistent with all staff to develop a strong and committed team and act as a link between the manager and staff
- To ensure staff comply with the company dress code and present the appropriate image at all times
- To help manager with invoicing, fee collection and the collection of overdue accounts
- To help manager keep control of all consumables, and stocks on the premises.
- To keep yourself informed and educated on new legislation and changes in childcare practices and attend any training as required
- To liaise, along with manager, to develop good working relationships with Ofsted and all other external agencies
- To ensure all health and safety policies are implemented paying particular attention to equipment and premises maintenance
If you’re educated to Level 3 or above in Early Years, have knowledge of the EYFS framework, have experience of working with children and can display a cheerful outlook, we want to hear from you!
Interested?... No two days are ever the same within our nursery and there are plenty of opportunities to progress whatever stage you’re at in your career.
Click ‘Apply’ and we’ll be in touch to say ‘hello’.
Disclaimer: We are committed to safeguarding and promoting a quality provision and expects all staff to share this commitment. All nursery staff will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure. We are committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from all sections of the community.